Friday 12 August 2011

Filofax heaven....

Im here on my second day of pain and boredom, so i thought i would let you have a nosey inside my filofax!!
(If you are not interested in Filofaxes- STOP reading now!!- this is a long blog!)

I have always used an A5 diary at work, but this year (academic) i couldnt find a diary i liked- i ended up just getting a cheap one, which was no good at all- very cheap paper and poorly printed! I usually have bits of paper shoved in my diary - usually held in with elastic bands, which eventually looks a right mess.
Anyway, one of my collegues was leaving and i was given the job of buying her a present... i had remembered having the diary conversation with her, so thought she might like something more professional- a filofax!!!

I looked at what was available in my price range, and found her a gorgeous one that fit the bill nicely!

After a couple of days, i started thinking- i wish i'd have got one for myself!! And as i had no time to go to town, found one on ebay just the same- bingo!! Here it is..... my Ultra-Violet Personal Domino Filofax!

It is slightly smaller than an A5 diary, but more compact! The A5 filofaxes were just a bit too big and bulky for me to carry around all the time, and this suits me fine!

Here is the inside of it....
Inside the front cover is a couple of slots with my gym card, nectar vouchers and bits of spare paper.
Personal
"Life is precious- make every moment count!"
This section has my personal details, website passwords, and cute pics of my family.

 

 Diary
"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"
I took out all the info pages that came with the diary, because i dont use them, and would rather have the extra space.
I have firstly a week to view page with my work rota on it.
 A week on 2 pages for every day stuff- appointments etc.
 A month on 2 pages for my partners shift patterns and childcare.
 Contacts
"The only way to have a true friend is to be one!"
I took out the A-Z contact lists because i find them hard to use, and would rather have all my numbers on one page.
 I have 3 pages- one for Work, Personal and Useful- tradesmaen etc.
 Dates
"The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra"
 This section isnt for what you might think! Its those important dates that i tend to forget- MOT, Birthdays etc.
 Notes
"Scatter kindness"
I had some small sticky notes that i stuck to this divider- its laminated, so works wonderfully!
 In here i have online savings, general notes, and spare note paper.
 Ideas
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream"
 In this section i put anything that comes to mind- blog ideas, craft ideas and anything else!!
 Next i have a few free dividers that i will fill up when i need- one is going to be for gym stuff- i have just put a class timetable in there!
 To Do
"The way i see it, if you want the rainbow, you have to put up with the rain"
 I use the filofax to do sheets- keeps me very organised!
 Lists
"Happiness is the best face lift"
 In here i have 30 days of lists- that i do if i have a quiet moment- makes me reflect on what i like and dont like, and is quite fun!
 Other
"Paint your dreams in bright colours and bold stripes!
 In here i have 3 plastic envelopes, with bits and bobs in- bills, stickers etc. I also have a zip pocket for receipts, and a few bits of paper clipped in that are important for work.
At the back is a pocket with a few more bits of work info, and a gorgeous purple Pilot frixion pen!

I hope you like my set up of my filofax- im sure ill be adding to it very soon! Come back in a while and see the changes.

Happy days! Sharry x









5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the pictures and the post, the dividers are so pretty!!!! :-D I love them!!! :-)

What filofax did you get your colleague as a present? :-)

Its very nicely laid out :-D xxx

Rori said...

Very pretty! I like your layout too. Where did you get those month on two pgs? I haven't seen that format, I like it!

Sharry said...

Imy- I got my college the exact same filofax- she loves it too!

Rori- I got the month on 2 pages from Ryman- they are filofax ones, but i got them cheap cos we were half way through the year- i havent found them for next year yet- i love the month dividers on them- will be a shame if they dont do the same ones next year!

melissa said...

how did you make the dividers?

Sharry said...

Mellisa- They are double sided card, laminated and punched, with stickers and labels on. I made a few extra sets if you want to buy some ready made?